You can download books from publishers such as Academia, Albatros, BB/art, BizBooks, CPress, Edika, Fragment, Host, Jota, Libri, Mladá fronta, Paseka, Vyšehrad, XYZ, and many more. The book offer is regularly updated. Please note that not all e-books available on the Palmknihy website are available for e-book loan.
- tablets/mobile phones/laptops with Android or iOS operating systems
- electronic book readers with Android operating system
E-books cannot be read on devices: KINDLE, PocketBook and others that do not have Android or iOS operating systems. E-books cannot be read on computers with Windows and macOS, nor on Tizen.
The loan period is 31 days and during this period you can read up to 3 titles at the same time without being connected to the internet. After 31 days, the e-book will be deleted from the application by itself, there is no need to return it.
Titles cannot be returned sooner. You can borrow other titles after the loan period of the current loans.
How to borrow an e-book
- If you are not registered at the library yet, complete the registration process.
- Register on Palmknihy.cz ↗ with the same email address that you used to register at the library.
- Download the free eReading application eReading from Google Play ↗ or App Store ↗.
- Log in to the online catalog ↗.
- When searching, click on the first field (Author) and select the option eReading. For combined search use: eReading AND Title, eReading AND Author
- Select Borrow e-book for the book you’ve chosen in the catalog. After clicking the button, you will see a notification about a successful loan and you will receive an email confirming your completed e-loan.
How to download an e-book to a reader
- Open the eReading application. The Local (downloaded) books section will be empty at first.
- In the top menu, select the Online section and fill in your login details that you registered with to Palmknihy - eReading.
- Click on the cover to download the e-book from the Online section to the **Local **section. You need to be connected to the internet only for this step.
- If you have downloaded the eReading application to your mobile phone/tablet and stay logged-in, you don’t have to repeat the login process for future loans.
How to download the application to an e-book reader
- Download the application ↗ to your computer.
- Connect the reader to the computer with a cable and move the downloaded file to the reader. Then restart the reader to complete the installation.
- After turning the reader on again, you can start using the application. The loaned e-book is available for download in the application.
Was this page useful?